Tuesday 31 July 2018

Dawn Raids


#2
Dawn Raids


Back in the 1970’s people from the Pacific Islands and many other countries like
Australia and England were working in New Zealand they started family's, got new friends,
settled into the New Zealand lifestyle completely. But one day in 1974 everything
changed for them. They were raided in there own homes that they paid for, they looked after,
taken into police custody and flew back to there home countries. 40% of the people who came from other countries were Polynesian and Pacific Islanders, that 40% were targeted during the raids due to there skin colour because they were easier to identify than the others, they were even pulling up Maori people on the streets asking them to show their passports to prove there raise.

By Pippa Yr 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks

Pippa